"Downside UP" Listening Tour draws on a brain trust
of professionals in the fields of art, philanthropy, and community
Our esteemed Advisory Board is comprised of the following individuals
(whose institutions are listed for reference only):
• Ron Chew, Director, Wing Luke Asian Museum, Seattle,
• Juana Guzman, Vice President, Mexican American Fine
Arts Center Museum, Chicago, Illinois;
• LaDonna Harris, President, Americans for Indian Opportunity,
• Karen Kimbrel of the Colquitt Miller Arts Council,
• Rick Lowe, Founding Director, Project Row Houses,
• Dr. Rowena Stewart, Executive Director, American
Jazz Museum, Kansas City, Missouri;
• Bill Strickland, Manchester Craftsmen's Guild, Pittsburgh,
• Joseph Thompson, Founding Director, Massachusetts
Museum of Contemporary Art, North Adams, Massachusetts.
The Tour is implemented by the following team:
• Nancy Kelly, Mother Lode Productions
Producer/Writer/Director, "Downside UP", and "Downside
UP" Listening Tour Project Director
Since 1984 Kelly has produced independent films and has specialized
her distribution efforts to niche markets, where Kelly has
a history of relationships with broadcasters and distributors.
• Susan Walsh, Center for Independent Documentary
Center for Independent Documentary is a non profit organization
with 20 years' experience in collaborating with independent
filmmakers to create and distribute films and videos on issues
of contemporary social and cultural concern.
• Benjamin Butler and Jun Egawa, Community Development Associates,
Over its five-year history, CDA has provided a range of consulting
services to national and local foundations as well as numerous
urban and rural community based organizations.
• Robert McNulty,
Partners for Livable Communities
Formed more than 20 years ago, Partners focuses on helping
communities make the connections between art, culture, public
space, jobs, housing and economic development.
With support from Kristin Howard, Candace Schermerhorn, and Suzanne Stenson
• Written by Suzanne
• Designed by Lisa
Weicht, Weicht, Inc.
• Implemented by Michele Meek and hosted by NewEnglandFilm.com
• Flash Interactive Feature by Ellis Neder and Sway
Funding for the "Downside UP" Listening Tour was provided by